Race to the Rainbow
In the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day, put an Irish spin on a color matching activity! We've combined an easy arts & craft project with a fun scavenger hunt.
(You can draw your own or you use colored construction paper to create links.)
2. Color each segment a shade of the rainbow (ROYGBIV) and color in
the pot of gold.
(Having the kids color each individual rainbow section extends the length of the activity, WIN.)
3. Cut out each of the colored strips or have your child cut them. Cut out the pot of gold.
4. Starting with RED, challenge your child(ren) to find something RED OUTDOORS.
If more than one kid is competing, they cannot claim the same item, they must look around for something different of the same color.
5. Once they’ve found a corresponding item, they can put the link together (use tape or a glue stick) and move on to the next color. Thread the link through the first and secure.
6. Keep searching until all your links and their corresponding color items are found and hung together.
7. The first person to finish their Rainbow Link first wins!
8. Attach the Pot of Gold with a small strip of paper taped/glued to the last link. Hang the Rainbow with some string!
Reward the winning lassie or lad with an Irish treat!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Subscribe below to get more activities delivered to your inbox!